Automating job descriptions, building inclusive workplaces
We are an innovative, fast-growing, HR-Tech company seeing rapid global adoption of RoleMapper, our intelligent job-design platform. RoleMapper helps organisations automate and transform how they design and manage job descriptions. Through innovative technology, RoleMapper enables global companies to hire, retain and grow an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Play a critical role in our growth
In this brand-new role, you will be reporting directly to the CEO, and will work closely with the CTO, development, and sales teams. You will take ownership for setting up and managing our product management process. You will be hands on, identifying and managing requirements, priorities and the launch of new features and solutions.
As a Head of Product, you will:
- Be taking ownership for creating and managing our product roadmap and product development process
- Work with the CTO to translate the product roadmap into a development schedule and optimising our ways of working
- Gather information from customers, sales, and internal teams and translate these into product solutions that deliver value for customers
- Understand the costs and commercial impact of competing product initiatives
- Be responsible for project managing how we scope and design new features, products, and use-cases
- Identify ways to automate processes to increase value for our customers
- Gain a broader understanding of trends in the HR and HR-tech vertical that impact product development
- To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience of working as a Head of Product or Senior Product Manager in a technology business, ideally in B2B enterprise SaaS
- Be experienced in coordinating engineering teams to define requirements, prioritise development and work through conflicting priorities
- Possess a good understanding of both the technical and commercial impact of product development requirements and be able to incorporate these into your decisions
- Demonstrate experience of automating processes, improving workflows, and driving efficiencies in the customer and user journey
- Have extensive experience of gathering requirements from customers, sales, the market and translating these into insights and requirements
- Love putting processes in place and collaborating with others to get things done
- Be a great problem solver, with a flexible, can-do attitude, happy to put your hand to anything
Working Hours & Location
This role is a fully remote, full time and permanent role. However, we will consider candidates looking for a fixed term contract or part time (minimum 3days per week) as well.
Competitive salary to be discussed alongside work pattern
While our ‘official’ registered offices are in Exeter, we all work remotely. If you do not have an appropriate work environment at home or are someone who thrives on the office environment, then we can offer a flexible membership to regional workspaces. Critical to this role is the ability to work somewhere where customer conversations can be held uninterrupted.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company at the start of their journey? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!